Birth: Dr. Olusegun Rahman Mimiko was born on Saturday 3rd day of October 1954 in Ondo. Ondo State of Nigeria. His father, late Pa Atiku Bamidele Mimiko was the son of late Pa Famimikomi son of late Chief Ruwase Akinmeji grandson of late High Chief Adaja Gbegbaje of Ondo. Dr. Olusegun Mimiko’s mother, Madam Muinat Mimiko (nee Ogunsulie) is a prominent daughter of the Ogunsulie family in Ondo Kingdom.
Education: Dr. Olusegun Mimiko attended St. Joseph’s Primary School Aponmu near Akure, St. Patrick Primary School, Yaba at Ondo in the early 1960s, St. Joseph’s College, Ondo from 1966-1971, HSC Student at Gboluji Grammar School, Ile-Oluji from 1971-1972 and University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) from 1972-1976 and Graduated in 1976 with B.Sc Health Science degree, the MB; CH.B (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) in 1980.
Medical Career: Dr. Olusegun Mimiko started working as a House Officer with Ondo State Health Management Board 1980-1981, The Nigeria Naval College (NNS Onura), Onne, Port Harcourt 1981-1982, Medical Officer with Ondo State Health Management Board at General (now State Specialists) Hospital at Ondo from 1982, Medical Officer at Apagun Clinic, Yaba and Acting Medical Director at Alleluyah Hospital, Oshodi from 1983-1984 both in Lagos State and set up his own private Medical Practice MONA MEDI-CLINICS in 1985 with headquarters at Ondo town, Ondo State.
Appointments: University of Ife Ile-Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University)
- Student Representative Council 1975-1976
- Chairman Special Honours Committee 1976-1977
- Member Student’s Union Electoral Commission 1976-1977
- Public Relation Officer International Students Association 1977-1978
Political Career: Ondo State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Publicity Secretary-Unity Party of Nigeria, Ondo Local Government Council area 1983
- Pioneer founder- Ondo Study Group 1987
- Pioneer founder Brighter Day Network 2006
- Ex-Officio of the Social Democratic Party, Ondo Local Government Council area 1990
- Honourable Commissioner for Health, Ondo State (now Ondo & Ekiti States) of Nigeria 1992-1993 under former Governor Bamidele Olumilua Administration
- Honourable Commissioner for Health Ondo State 1999-2002 under former Governor Adefarati
- Secretary to State Government, Ondo State 2003-2005 under former Governor Olusegun Agagu
- Minister for Housing and Urban Development, Federal Republic of Nigeria 2005-2006 under former President Olusegun Obasanjo administration
- Contested the April 2007 Gubernatorial Election of Ondo State under the platform of Labour Party of Nigeria. Although, His mandate was stolen by Peoples Democratic Party and reclaimed it through high powered legal tussle for almost two years with subsequent judgment delivered in his favour by the Ondo State Election Petition Tribunal, July 2008 and Court of Appeal, February 2009 sitting in Benin, Edo State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Dr. Olusegun Mimiko authored many research and published articles on Medicine, International Relations, Social & Political Developmental Strategies.
- John F. Kennedy Essay (School Level) 1971.
- Justice of Peace (JP) 1993
- Distinguished Meritorious Service Award 1993 by Ondo State Chapter of Nigeria Medical Association
- Patron to Several Youths and Professional Body Organizations
Dr. Olusegun Mimiko is happily married to Her Excellency Mrs Olukemi Mimiko, a French Language graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State and First Lady of Ondo State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God blessed their marriage with many Children.
Editorial Board Team, Ekimogun Descendant United Kingdom & Northern Ireland.